Legend of Zelda live action movie announced!

 On November 8, 2023, the official X account of Nintendo Japan posted an announcement for the upcoming Legend of Zelda live action movie.

Image from Nintendo


The post links to an article on the Nintendo website, stating that the planning and development of the movie has started.

The article states that the movie is a joint production of Nintendo and Arad Productions, represented by Shigeru Miyamoto and Avi Arad, respectively. Director Wes Ball (Maze Runner, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes) will helm the film. Nintendo will also finance 50% of the productions costs and share it with Sony Pictures Entertainment. The latter will also be handling the film's worldwide distribution.

What are your thoughts?

I'm fairly new to the Legend of Zelda world, but I do have high expectations. Personally, I'd prefer to have an animated film. If it were produced by Studio Ghibli, that would be amazing. Story-wise, I would love if it's a post TotK story, but I think in this case it'll be better if it's a story independent of the games.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I am also dreading it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Life: What I've been playing

I finished playing Breath of the Wild [Spoilers!]

Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild Progress: Defeating my first Guardian